Category of data
Kerbside parking data
- Local Councils using our software to digitally manage their kerbside.
- HD Surveys (high resolution 360˚ panoramic street-level imagery of streets)
- Data Heroes (team of GIS experts analysing data & manually mapping streets)
- Static data representing present conditions
The largest 30 locations covered:
- Greater London (33 authorities)
- Birmingham, Glasgow City, Liverpool, City of Bristol, Sheffield, Manchester, Leeds, City of Edinburgh,
- City of Leicester, Bradford, Caerdydd - Cardiff, Coventry, City of Nottingham, City of Kingston upon Hull,
- City of Stoke-on-Trent, Newcastle, City of Wolverhampton, City of Derby, City of Portsmouth, Reading,
- Northampton, Luton, Aberdeen City, Bolton, Bournemouth, Swindon, Abertawe - Swansea, Sunderland, Milton Keynes
Key data attributes
- Parking Bays:
- Charges & Tariffs
- Parking Price
- Max Stay
- Operating Hours
- Payment Providers
- Specialised Bays
- Electric Vehicle
- Car Club
- Additional Information
- Yellow Line Rules
- Bay and Line Sizes & Capacity
- Event Day Rules
- EV Charge Point Information
- Parking payment provider
- Parking payment location code
See API documentation for more details
- Local council data updates in our software are updated real time
- Continuous updating cycle from other data sources
See Pricing section (top right hand-side of the page)
Data Product Description
The last meter to any destination is parking. With the average driver wasting 150 hours every year searching for parking in London, the cost of traffic congestion to the UK economy is a staggering £7 billion.
The AppyWay Parking API increases the probability for drivers of finding parking on-street with insights on where to park at any given time and location.
The data returned by the AppyWay Parking API can be rendered on a map as it contains the geospatial information of parking restrictions, it can also support any other product experience around parking.
The data covers Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) data for Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs) in 476 UK towns and cities and enables searching for parking rules and prices, and fetching geospatial data for map-based applications.
The rules and regulations governing parking, loading, and everything in between can be very complicated. The AppyWay API seeks to abstract away this complexity and provide answers to key questions, such as:
- Where is it authorised to park at a specific time for a specific duration?
- How long can I park for?
- How much will it cost?
- How much will I have to walk from each suitable parking option to my destination?
You can search for answers to these questions within areas of interest and periods of time. These answers can vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Whether looking to park (leave the vehicle unattended) or load (stay with the vehicle)
- The desired parking or loading duration
- The vehicle driven
- Any permits held